Welcome to Write Foundations!
We offer a complete range of individualized coaching and quality writing instruction to meet your educational goals. Our programs provide solid academic training in a convenient and flexible format. Whether you are looking for short term help or a complete writing program, we have what you need!
My daughters have learned so much. I am very pleased with the classes. I recommend your program to everyone! Thank you! ~ Michelle C., Mom in Illinois
Our innovative online options provide professional tutoring and comprehensive writing classes for a convenient and effective writing development program. We also offer personalized plans tailored to meet specific student needs and objectives. Our semester classes guide students, from beginner to advanced, through the process of learning to write well. Students may also choose from one of our 9-week intensive classes in essay writing, short story writing, journalistic writing, and research papers.
Our classes provide structure and consistency for the learning process while also accommodating the scheduling needs of busy families. Each program is well-organized and easy-to-follow. Interesting and relevant writing assignments engage students in the writing process. Students gain confidence as they master new skills.
My children have learned so much from their writing coach. The classes have been an excellent experience for them. I know they are prepared for the writing they will do in the future. ~ Kerri S., Mom in Illinois
Why is Write Foundations an excellent choice for exceptional writing instruction?
- Experienced writing coaches. As professional educators, writers and editors, our experienced writing coaches provide practical feedback on writing assignments. The coach’s comments encourage and guide the student’s writing as each skill builds on the next. Over time, students learn to make constructive changes to their own writing.
- Practice, practice, practice! Writing is a process that can really only be learned by doing. Good writing is the culmination of rough drafts followed by revisions and more drafts. Our programs provide multiple opportunities through activities and assignments for students to practice the skills they are learning.
- Principle of progression. Each lesson builds on the skills in the previous lessons. Assignments are designed to follow a logical sequence that leads students smoothly from one skill to the next. This takes the fear out of writing and allows the student to gain confidence as he or she masters the basics and moves on to more advanced elements.
- Interesting, relevant assignments. Students exercise their creativity and critical thinking skills as they have the opportunity to explore areas of interest. Topics are age-appropriate and meaningful so students understand there is a purpose to writing other than merely completing a school assignment.
- Integrated approach. We believe that academics are best taught and retained when they are connected to a variety of subjects. Therefore, our assignments incorporate skills and knowledge from a variety of disciplines whenever possible. This strengthens the student’s grasp of writing as well as science, history, music, etc. and creates a well-rounded perspective of each topic as inter-related.
- Writing sharpens critical thinking skills. At Write Foundations, we have found that good critical thinking skills go hand-in-hand with the ability to clearly articulate ideas on paper. As students learn to organize and express their thoughts in writing, they also learn to think analytically, and each skill improves the other.