Welcome to Write Foundations!
We offer a complete range of individualized coaching and quality writing instruction to meet your educational goals. The Guided Journal workbooks get young students writing a little every day with copywork from scripture and engaging writing prompts. Online classes and individual coaching programs equip older students in grades 6-12 with the writing skills to reach their potential. Our programs provide solid academic training in a convenient and flexible format. Whether you are looking for short term help or a complete writing program, we have what you need!
My daughters have learned so much. I am very pleased with the classes. I recommend your program to everyone! Thank you! ~ Michelle C., Mom in Illinois
Our comprehensive semester classes equip students, from beginner to advanced, with vital writing skills in a variety of writing styles through a combination of instruction and practice. Focusing on a single style of writing, students also enjoy our 9-week intensive classes in essay writing, short story writing, and research papers.
My children have learned so much from their writing coach. The classes have been an excellent experience for them. I know they are prepared for the writing they will do in the future. ~ Kerri S., Mom in Illinois
Why is Write Foundations an excellent choice for exceptional writing instruction?
- Experienced writing coaches. As professional educators, writers and editors, our experienced writing coaches provide practical feedback on writing assignments. The coach’s comments encourage and guide the student’s writing as each skill builds on the next. Over time, students learn to make constructive changes to their own writing.
- Practice, practice, practice! Writing is a process that can really only be learned by doing. Good writing is the culmination of rough drafts followed by revisions and more drafts. Our programs provide multiple opportunities through activities and assignments for students to practice the skills they are learning.
- Principle of progression. Each lesson builds on the skills in the previous lessons. Assignments are designed to follow a logical sequence that leads students smoothly from one skill to the next. This takes the fear out of writing and allows the student to gain confidence as he or she masters the basics and moves on to more advanced elements.
- Interesting, relevant assignments. Students exercise their creativity and critical thinking skills as they have the opportunity to explore areas of interest. Topics are age-appropriate and meaningful so students understand there is a purpose to writing other than merely completing a school assignment.
- Integrated approach. We believe that academics are best taught and retained when they are connected to a variety of subjects. Therefore, our assignments incorporate skills and knowledge from a variety of disciplines whenever possible. This strengthens the student’s grasp of writing as well as science, history, music, etc. and creates a well-rounded perspective of each topic as inter-related.
- Writing sharpens critical thinking skills. At Write Foundations, we have found that good critical thinking skills go hand-in-hand with the ability to clearly articulate ideas on paper. As students learn to organize and express their thoughts in writing, they also learn to think analytically, and each skill improves the other.